SaaS companies are constantly seeking ways to scale and innovate. HR and PeopleOps teams play a crucial role in this process, but they often face challenges when it comes to acquiring and retaining top-tier tech talent. In this blog post, we’ll explore how collaborative partnerships with Ubiminds can transform HR and PeopleOps into strategic allies in the pursuit of tech talent excellence.
Defining a Collaborative Relationship: Why Should We Work Closely?
Our aim is to learn from your practices, bridge the gap between full-time employees and Ubiminders, and work together to provide your engineering and product teams with the best talent, regardless of location. At Ubiminds, we go beyond and are committed to establishing a collaborative partnership with your HR and PeopleOps teams for several compelling reasons:
- Streamlined Recruitment Processes deliver better experience for candidates and hiring managers alike. We understand that managers are often inundated with the demands of recruitment. That’s why we offer to incorporate a portion of your recruitment process into our own. By doing so, we aim to spare you valuable time and effort, allowing you to focus on other strategic HR initiatives. Ubiminds sources top-tier professionals on your behalf. We specialize in software team positions, aka roles in Product and infrastructure, Software Engineering and development, and Management and Support.
- Mimicking Career Progression keeps everyone aligned with the company’s North Star. We believe in creating a workplace where all team members have analogous opportunities for growth. To achieve this, we can mimic your organization’s career ladder within Ubiminds. This approach ensures that everyone on the team, whether a full-time employee or Ubiminder, feels motivated and empowered to bring their best to work, knowing that their career path is aligned with the broader organization. We align expectations with your organization in terms of Technical compatibility, Mission alignment, Cultural fit, and Career prospects.
- Unified Performance Metrics makes leadership’s life much easier. Managing a diverse workforce can be challenging when different frameworks and processes are in place. We can simplify this for you by measuring the impact and performance of all team members in the same light. This means that managers don’t have to bend over backward to accommodate various evaluation methods. Together, we make their lives easier by providing a unified and cohesive approach to performance assessment.
Our collaborative relationship is built on the principles of efficiency, equity, and simplicity. Together, we strive to provide your engineering and product teams with the best talent, regardless of their location, while ensuring that your HR and PeopleOps teams can work more effectively and achieve their strategic objectives. It’s more than applying Staff augmentation best practices – Ubiminds is LatAm Talent-as-a-Service, on tap.
Reason 1 – Expanding Horizons: Ubiminds as a Sourcing Partner
How diverse are your hiring practices? This means actively seeking out candidates from various backgrounds, cultures, and experiences. A diverse team brings a wealth of perspectives and ideas, which can lead to more innovative solutions. Engaging our Talent Acquisition services can help you extend beyond the ordinary.
Ubiminds is deeply integrated within the Latin American tech community, which means we have our finger on the pulse of industry trends. With a strong employer brand, we’re well-connected, knowing which companies use which tech stacks, and we’re continually engaged in inbound, outbound, and referral initiatives that keep us informed about market dynamics.
Our extensive talent pool currently boasts over 70,000 pre-screened candidates who’ve been rigorously interviewed for both motivation and English as a Second Language (ESL) skills. But it’s not just about numbers; it’s about quality and fit. We’re experts in hiring, empowering, and retaining nearshore tech talent from LatAm, and we’re ready to open up new talent pools for you. Additionally, we can help your HR practices acclimate to local culture and compliance standards—all without any added cost to your organization.
Reason 2 – Beyond Competition: Cultivating a Collaborative Ecosystem
Our Relationship Success services go beyond traditional collaboration. When we unite your company’s team members with our own, including those in PeopleOps, Admin/Finance, Legal, Talent Marketing, and more, we create a diverse and resourceful environment. This synergy results in a wider array of ideas and resources that can be leveraged to enhance the performance of your software teams, optimizing everyone’s return on investment (ROI) and overall satisfaction.
The partnership between PeopleOps and Ubiminds isn’t just about getting things done; it’s about delighting your teams with innovative solutions and experiences that transcend the ordinary. Together, we can drive shared success metrics by analyzing attrition rates, setting up promotional initiatives, and more. Let’s join forces to empower talent for growth!
Reason 3 – Building the Bigger Picture: Co-Creating Impact Metrics
In this partnership, we don’t merely provide key data on attrition, promotions, and other critical metrics. We collaborate to co-create impact metrics that align with our shared objectives. Together, we decide on the best course of action to benefit individuals, teams, and the overall product.
Our combined efforts enable us to identify potential issues well in advance, allowing us to celebrate and reinforce positive trends and proactively address and mitigate any negative outcomes. By working together, we can build a comprehensive picture that fosters growth, innovation, and success for your organization.
Empowering Talent for Growth: How?
The “The Bottom Line on Business Study” by Accenture (2020) quantified how much of a challenge retaining IT professionals can be, with 44% of companies struggling in this regard. Furthermore, only 29% of STEM professionals are interested in staying in their current roles. The study also highlights that a mere 2 basis point decline in trust can result in an average decline of 10% in EBITDA. With this in mind, let’s explore the practical steps to mitigate this by empowering talent growth within your organization.
Step 1: Elevating Work Conditions: Contractor Experience vs. Employee Experience
At Ubiminds, we believe in fostering a harmonious work environment where contractor and employee experiences are equally important. We go the extra mile to ensure that Ubiminders are not just contractors but full-time-like, #OneTeam team members, seamlessly integrated into your workforce. Here’s how we make it happen:
- Your organization retains control over policies, guidelines, routines, tasks, activities, and performance management related to software development.
- Ubiminds specializes in PeopleOps Integration, replicating most of your practices, including Recruitment processes, Satisfaction check-ins, and Career Ladder development.
In practice, Ubiminds stands out of the way when it comes to your team’s day-to-day work, allowing you to focus on what matters most.
Step 2: Career Development Opportunities: Fostering Lifelong Learning and Upskilling
Our commitment to empowering high-performers with meaningful careers is at the core of our approach. We help your contractors map out clear growth trajectories within your organization. To achieve better results, we address career development from two angles:
Individual Performance Enhancement
Educating individuals with frequent Satisfaction and Impact assessments.
Encouraging participation in tech events and sponsoring certifications.
Providing career mentoring and offering mental and physical health benefits and perks.
Recognizing and rewarding effort and results with care baskets/swag, performance bonuses, pay bumps, and equity-equivalent cash bonuses for non-U.S. members.
Collaboration at Work
Identifying continuous improvement opportunities by checking the organization for distributed readiness.
Implementing shared performance metrics to shine a light on individual and team contributions.
Valuing “invisible” work by measuring and recognizing its impact.
Building trust and synergy through initiatives such as shark tanks and tech chapters, culture and collaboration diagnostics, and the Brilliant People Accelerator, a 5-step program designed to enhance collaboration and innovation.
This holistic approach empowers your contractors to grow within your organization, benefiting both them and your company. We see lifelong learning as key in the tech industry. If you’re looking to cultivate team synergy, you may be asking What are Ubiminds’ add-ons? Keep reading.
Driving Long-Term Retention: Where to begin
Step 1: Cross-Functional Collaboration: Leveraging Diverse Expertise
When PeopleOps teams promote cross-functional collaboration among product and engineering, it fosters a culture of cooperation and innovation. Here are several ways to achieve this that are more long-term focused than traditional IT Staff Augmentation usually is:
- Cross-Functional Training: Invest in cross-functional training programs that help employees understand the roles and responsibilities of different teams within the organization. This can be particularly helpful for those who may not have exposure to roles outside their department.
- Mentorship and Networking: Facilitate mentorship and networking opportunities across departments. Pairing employees from different backgrounds and teams can foster knowledge sharing and build relationships that lead to collaboration.
- Feedback Mechanisms: Create feedback mechanisms where employees can share their ideas for improving cross-functional collaboration. Regular surveys or suggestion boxes can be valuable for collecting input.
Do you feel you could be doing more? Here’s an idea. At Ubiminds, we also understand the importance of harnessing diverse expertise to drive innovation and success in SaaS companies. That’s why we’ve partnered with Brilliant People consultancy services to offer two unique programs specifically tailored to meet the needs of SaaS organizations. These programs are designed for the entire team, not just Ubiminders, and come with per-cohort pricing.
Culture and Collaboration Diagnostics
This one-off session focuses on understanding the diversity of personalities within your team.
It includes individual assessments and provides access to a comprehensive platform to further explore and enhance collaboration.
Brilliant People Accelerator
A 12-month continual learning model that goes beyond traditional training.
The 5-Step Program covers a range of crucial areas:
These programs are designed to empower your team members with the skills and knowledge they need to excel in their roles, foster collaboration, and drive innovation. By investing in programs like these, you also contribute to higher retention rates and a more competitive and agile organization.
Step 2: Team Building beyond Boundaries: Integrating Ubiminders into the Company Culture
There are several best practices that PeopleOps teams can lead to make sure the company remains in alignment, regardless of org chart evolution or location. Some suggestions include setting up:
- Inclusive Onboarding: Ensure that the onboarding process is inclusive and welcoming to all new hires. PeopleOps can organize orientation sessions that highlight the company’s commitment to diversity and collaboration.
- Training in Inclusive Leadership: Provide training to leaders and managers on inclusive leadership practices. They should be equipped to foster an environment where diverse perspectives are valued and encouraged.
- Leadership Support: Ensure that company leadership is fully supportive of cross-functional collaboration. Leaders should set an example by participating in collaborative efforts and reinforcing the importance of diversity and teamwork.
- Performance Metrics: Incorporate collaboration and diversity metrics into performance evaluations. Encourage managers to consider a team member’s ability to collaborate across functions and promote diversity as part of their performance assessment.
On our end, there are specific Relationship Success programs that go above and beyond to enhance team synergy by delivering meaningful face-to-face, in-person interaction opportunities. In fact, we offer two distinct services that bridge the physical gap and promote cohesion among your team members:
1. Special Occasions for Collocated Work
We facilitate special occasions for collocated work, providing full travel arrangements for the entire team, including non-Ubiminders. In regions like Brazil, we offer free office space with access management, connectivity, and a snack bar to ensure a seamless and productive working environment.
2. Team-Wide, In-Person Retreats
Our programs promote team-wide, in-person retreats designed to strengthen bonds and foster collaboration. We handle all travel arrangements, catering services, and entertainment, ensuring that your team can focus on building meaningful connections.
These initiatives go beyond virtual interactions, providing valuable opportunities for your team members to connect face-to-face, share experiences, and cultivate a cohesive company culture. Wondering about the results? Here’s what folks say about their experience with us.
Navigating Legal and Ethical Considerations
In the ever-evolving landscape of talent engagement, Ubiminds prioritizes simplicity, security, and ethical responsibility. Our approach is designed to protect your organization, your product, and your team while ensuring full compliance with local labor regulations. We eliminate the need for a local entity, offering a seamless experience for contractor engagement.
Balancing Flexibility and Compliance: Legal Boundaries in Contractor Engagement
Balancing flexibility and compliance when engaging contractors is essential for a company’s PeopleOps teams. It requires a thoughtful approach that allows for adaptability while ensuring adherence to legal requirements. Here’s how PeopleOps teams can achieve this balance:
- Legal Expertise: Invest in legal expertise within the PeopleOps team or work closely with the legal department to stay updated on relevant laws and regulations. Ensure that all contractor engagement practices align with local labor laws, tax regulations, and employment standards.
- Clear Classification: Ensure clear classification of contractors and employees to avoid misclassification issues. Clearly define the roles, responsibilities, and working relationships to minimize legal risks.
- Local Expertise: If engaging contractors in different regions or countries, leverage local expertise or legal counsel to navigate specific legal requirements in those areas. Laws can vary significantly, so it’s crucial to have region-specific knowledge.
- Flexible Engagement Models: Explore different engagement models that offer flexibility while still maintaining compliance. For example, consider options like Statement of Work (SOW) contracts or managed service providers (MSPs) that can handle compliance on your behalf.
Ubiminds supports you in this mission, as it adheres to full compliance with local labor regulations, removing the need for a local entity in contractor relationships.
- We provide transparency regarding work conditions, notices, and address questions and concerns related to insurance, illnesses, and more.
- Our commitment extends to arbitration and choice of law practices, ensuring clarity and adherence to U.S. legal standards.
- We actively enforce ethical and professional behavior among our team members. Our policies prohibit conflicting obligations, discrimination, and harassment, creating a safe and respectful working environment.
- Safety policies are in place to safeguard the well-being of all parties involved.
Ethical Compensation: Ensuring Fair Opportunities for Ubiminders
PeopleOps teams can work toward ethical compensation by ensuring that contractors and Ubiminders are provided with fair opportunities, transparency, and equitable compensation practices. Here are the steps you can take:
- Fair Hiring and Promotion: Ensure that hiring and promotion processes are fair and unbiased. Promote diversity in leadership positions and provide equal opportunities for career advancement.
- Pay Equity Analysis: Regularly conduct pay equity analyses to identify and address any wage gaps based on gender, ethnicity, or other demographics. Ensure that all contractors are paid equally for equal work.
- Performance-Based Compensation: Implement performance-based compensation systems that reward Ubiminders for their contributions and achievements. This encourages excellence and provides a clear path for their career advancement too.
- Regular Reviews: Conduct regular performance reviews and compensation adjustments to align Ubiminders’ pay with their contributions and market changes. Encourage ongoing feedback and discussions about compensation.
Ubiminds is also mindful of this, and promotes win-win financial arrangements, benefitting both companies and individuals.
- We offer free business process outsourcing for HR and Legal functions, streamlining your operations.
- Our compensation structure includes top-tier benefits for tech professionals, ensuring that your team receives the recognition they deserve.
- We provide protection from currency fluctuations and optimize taxation, bank charges, and fees to maximize financial efficiency.
Open Communication: Addressing Concerns and Safeguarding Employee Morale
Creating room for open communication within the PeopleOps team is vital for addressing concerns and safeguarding employee morale. Here’s how PeopleOps teams can facilitate open communication between in-house teams, Ubiminders, and other 3rd-party team members:
- Lead by Example: Team leaders and managers should lead by example by demonstrating open and honest communication. Encourage leaders to share their own challenges and concerns, which can set a positive precedent.
- Set Clear Communication Guidelines: Develop clear communication guidelines and norms for the team. Establish expectations around respectful language, tone, and the timing of responses.
- Provide Multiple Communication Channels: Offer a variety of communication channels to accommodate different preferences and comfort levels. This may include one-on-one meetings, team meetings, anonymous suggestion boxes, and digital collaboration tools.
- Teach Active Listening: Train team members, including leaders, in active listening techniques. Encourage them to listen actively, ask clarifying questions, and show empathy when team members express concerns.
By fostering a culture of open communication, PeopleOps, Engineering, and Product teams can create a supportive and inclusive work environment where team members feel heard, valued, and motivated, ultimately safeguarding employee morale and well-being. Be they full-time employees or extra support from outsourcing partners.
At Ubiminds, we too consider open communication to be key to addressing concerns and safeguarding employee morale. We prioritize a culture of transparency and responsiveness, ensuring that all team members have a platform to voice their questions and issues. Our commitment to ethical treatment extends beyond words, creating an environment where everyone feels valued and respected – feel free to collaborate with us on the matter!Unlocking Global Potential: Elevate Your SaaS Team with Ubiminds in Latin America
Last Remarks on the Power of Partnership: Unlocking Unlimited Potential for PeopleOps
In closing, it’s essential for HR teams to recognize the potential pitfalls of HR Vendor Sprawl. Having too many vendors to deal with can severely impact PeopleOps’ functionality, requiring excessive maintenance and adaptation, which can drain precious HR resources and hinder efficiency. The best way forward usually involves:
- Conducting an audit of staffing vendors across all teams.
- Appraising the value and cost of vendor relationships.
- Establishing a vetting and approval process for recruitment agencies, staff augmentation partners, EOR/PEO services, and more.
- Collaborating closely with CTOs, CPOs, and Legal teams to ensure alignment.
If you’re looking for value, give Ubiminds a holler. For sure, the power of partnership shines when PeopleOps teams embrace collaboration and streamline their operations. We offer a unique opportunity to unify tech recruitment, performance management, equipment procurement, and compliance requirements across all software teams, from product and design to engineering, data, and support.
By partnering with us at Ubiminds, PeopleOps teams can reshape the software industry landscape through smart collaboration. To learn more, don’t hesitate to reach out to Ubiminds’ dedicated Account Executive or, if you’re already part of the Ubiminds family, consult with your Relationship Success Manager. Together, we can unlock unlimited potential and deliver more value to your company’s software teams.
Ubiminds’ Head of Relationship Success Lucas Carvalho blends 7+ years in customer success leadership with a passion for the sports industry, co-founding the Recife Mariners. His mastery in strategic planning and fostering stakeholder engagement significantly influences organizations, notably guiding SaaS companies on their journey to expand their teams.