Info on the Front End Engineer role
Want to get to the next step in your international career? We can support you!
Ubiminds is a GPTW certified, people first company that partners with American software product companies to scale their development footprint. Ubi custom-curates Brazilian top 5% talent for their LATAM strategy, offering a unique combo of staff augmentation and employer-of-record services.
Ubiminds is looking for a Front End Engineer who will be developing web applications and components at Paper’s team.
Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the leader in personalized learning. Partnering with innovative schools and school districts, Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category-leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers.
Join a company partnered with over 700 schools, supporting over 750,000 students to reach their academic potential, independent of socioeconomic status, geography, language, or other barriers - what a great mission!
As a Front End Engineer, your primary focus will be developing web applications and components using Vue and VueX for state management. You will be working alongside UI/UX designers, back-end and front-end developers to ensure the timely delivery of secure, accessible high quality and robust features. Due to the fast-paced and collaborative nature of the software development team, the ideal candidate will also need excellent teamwork and communication skills.
In order to succeed in this position, you will need
- Experience with consumption and manipulation of JSON REST APIs.
- Good understanding of application design best practices.
- Proficiency with modern development tools, like Babel, Webpack, and Git.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Perks and Benefits
As Front End Engineer @Ubiminds, you:
- Be placed in a product-based company, with the same treatment as their full-time employees.
- Have our full back-office support, from career guidance to HR and concierge services.
- Enjoy our remote-first policy – we are a distributed team, after all.
- Get your own MacBook (none of that "bring your own device" stuff here).
- Have access to growth opportunities with other amazing technology professionals, through tech talks, chapter meetings, and even remote happy hours for tons of fun!
- Improve your English through free lessons with a native English speaker - get to the next level on your communication skills!
- Candidate Referral bonus (promote Ubi to your tech friends, and get paid for it!)
- Miss working in the office? Our cool Florianópolis headquarters is available, whenever you want, with weekly quick massages & tasty snacks, soft drinks, and games
How our process works
- 1. Interview with Tech Recruiter (chat about the job opening and your experiences)
- 2. Client process (this may vary)
- 3. Offer (yay)