Info on the Data Quality Engineer role
Ubiminds is looking for a Data Quality Engineer who will collaborate closely with data engineers, software engineers, product managers, and product designers to ensure high-quality delivery and value to customers.
Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the leader in personalized learning. Partnering with innovative schools and school districts, Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category-leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers.
Join a company partnered with over 700 schools, supporting over 750,000 students to reach their academic potential, independent of socioeconomic status, geography, language, or other barriers - what a great mission!
Reporting to their Quality Engineering Manager, the Quality Engineer will guide the quality of new features from inception to release, as well as ensure existing features meet their customer's expectations. This individual will analyze product requirements, perform risk assessments, develop test plans that include both manual and automated testing, and execute those plans.
What you’ll do as a Data Quality Engineer
- Analyze upcoming data requirements and perform risk analysis
- Develop test plans for source data, analytics/reports, and data pipeline
- Execute test plans and record progress and results
- Perform manual/automated testing in GCP for streaming/batch data processes
- Review dashboards/reports for consistency and functionality
- Continuously evaluate and drive innovations in our overall testing processes
- Uphold and embody Paper’s mission, vision, and values
In order to succeed in this position, you will need
- People First. We are all about people!
- Challenge yourself. There’s always room for improvement and continuous improvement is in our essence.
- Make it happen. Be ready to take challenges as they come. It’s all about attitude and commitment.
- We’re in this together. We work as a team, we thrive as a team and we evolve as a team.
- Averaging on awesome. We work hard to deliver high-quality services and look forward to exceeding expectations.
- Keep it real. We promise you honesty, transparency, and openness, regardless of the situation.
- Previous experience as a Data Quality Engineer or Data Engineer
- Strong SQL and Python skills
- Experience in developing test plans, assessing risk, filing appropriate defects, and providing relevant data for test reporting
- Understanding of software quality metrics
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, CircleCi, etc.
Nice to have
- Experience with PubSub, Dataflow, BigQuery, PHP is a plus
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action
- Ability to analyze and triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail