Info on the Senior Backend Developer role
Want to get to the next step in your international career? We can support you!
Ubiminds is a GPTW certified, people first company that partners with American software product companies to scale their development footprint. Ubi custom-curates Brazilian top 5% talent for their LATAM strategy, offering a unique combo of staff augmentation and employer-of-record services.
We're assisting LawnStarter, a marketplace that makes outdoor home services easy for homeowners while helping small businesses succeed.
While LawnStarter has been focused on lawn mowing, they have huge opportunities in front of them: geography expansion, related services (weeding, mulching, bush trimming, fertilization, landscaping.) and adjacencies (such as commercial segment - think property managers who look after 100+ properties) to go after.
Being responsible for building reliable, observable, resilient, and scalable code, owning the entire lifecycle of your software, from the initial design through release and observing.
In order to succeed in this position, you will need
- Advanced/fluent English skills – Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong experience working on both server- and client-side web software, mainly using PHP/Laravel or Java
- Knowledge of Computer Science Fundamentals
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment
- Familiarity with SQL databases in general (including non-relational databases and modern cloud database solutions)
- Strong knowledge of unit tests
- Knowledge of TDD methodology
- Smart, creative individuals who are passionate about innovation and aren't afraid to show it
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Data-driven mindset
- Collaboration is a must, you'll work side by side with software engineering, product management, and design teams
Perks and Benefits
As a Backend Developer at Ubiminds, you:
- Be placed in a product-based company, with the same treatment as their full-time employees.
- Have our full back-office support, from career guidance to HR and concierge services.
- Enjoy our remote-first policy – we are a distributed team, after all.
- Get your MacBook (none of that "bring your own device" stuff here).
- Access to growth opportunities with other unique technology professionals, through tech talks, chapter meetings, and even remote happy hours for tons of fun!
- Improve your English through free lessons with a native English speaker - get to the next level on your communication skills!
- Candidate referral bonus (promote Ubi to your tech friends, and get paid for it!)
- Miss working in the office? Our fantastic Florianópolis headquarters is available, whenever you want, with weekly quick massages & tasty snacks, soft drinks, and games.
How our process works
- 1. Interview with Tech Recruiter (chat about the job opening and your experiences)
- 2. Client process (this may vary)
- 3. Offer (yay)