Info on the Quality Engineer role
Want to get to the next step in your international career? We can support you!
Ubiminds is a GPTW certified, people first company that partners with American software product companies to scale their development footprint. Ubi custom-curates Brazilian top 5% talent for their LATAM strategy, offering a unique combo of staff augmentation and employer-of-record services.
Ubiminds is looking for a Quality Engineer who will collaborate closely with software engineers, product managers, and product designers to ensure high-quality delivery and value to customers.
Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the leader in personalized learning. Partnering with innovative schools and school districts, Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category-leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers.
Join a company partnered with over 700 schools, supporting over 750,000 students to reach their academic potential, independent of socioeconomic status, geography, language, or other barriers - what a great mission!
Reporting to their Quality Engineering Manager, the Quality Engineer will guide the quality of new features from inception to release, as well as ensure existing features meet their customer's expectations. This individual will analyze product requirements, perform risk assessments, develop test plans for UI testing, and execute those plans.
In order to succeed in this position, you will need
- Previous experience as a Quality Engineer
- Experience in developing test plans, assessing risk, filing appropriate defects, and providing relevant data for test reporting
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, and testing tools
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deploy process
Nice to have
- Experience with testing automation, especially within a JS environment (Cypress)
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
Perks and Benefits
As Quality Engineer @Ubiminds, you:
- Be placed in a product-based company, with the same treatment as their full-time employees.
- Have our full back-office support, from career guidance to HR and concierge services.
- Enjoy our remote-first policy – we are a distributed team, after all.
- Get your own MacBook (none of that "bring your own device" stuff here).
- Have access to growth opportunities with other amazing technology professionals, through tech talks, chapter meetings, and even remote happy hours for tons of fun!
- Improve your English through free lessons with a native English speaker - get to the next level on your communication skills!
- Candidate Referral bonus (promote Ubi to your tech friends, and get paid for it!)
- Miss working in the office? Our cool Florianópolis headquarters is available, whenever you want, with weekly quick massages & tasty snacks, soft drinks, and games
How our process works
- 1. Interview with Tech Recruiter (chat about the job opening and your experiences)
- 2. Client process (this may vary)
- 3. Offer (yay)