Info on the Product Owner role
Want to get to the next step in your international career? We can support you!
Ubiminds is a GPTW certified, people first company that partners with American software product companies to scale their development footprint. Ubi custom-curates Brazilian top 5% talent for their LATAM strategy, offering a unique combo of staff augmentation and employer-of-record services.
Ubiminds is assisting KBRA, a global rating agency established to restore trust in credit ratings and offer accurate and transparent ratings.
This role reports to the Senior Director, Group Product Manager. The successful candidate will lead the firm's Entity Master ecosystem, working closely with KBRA’s Content Management team as well as various stakeholders dependent on Entity Data, including development teams, product owners, and end users across the business units.
The Entity Master Product Owner builds consensus around the roadmap, maintains it, and actively communicates it. You'll be responsible for gathering requirements, refining these into Agile user stories, managing the backlog, and prioritizing new requests. Additionally, Product Owners execute day-to-day requests and project-specific work streams as agreed with stakeholders.
In order to succeed in this position, you will need
- Previous experience as a Product Owner
- Be an enthusiastic and passionate individual with a desire to learn and evolve in the Product Owner space.
- You are detail oriented, energetic, and a problem solver who finds multiple paths forward by initiating thorough analysis.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, business analytics, information systems, computer science, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in Agile environments with knowledge of how to break down key features into appropriate user stories. You have experience working closely with engineers through the software development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with required toolset, you have experience working with related tools that integrate with the Entity Master (a preferred skill). Examples include data visualization and BI tools (e.g., Power BI), CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce), data warehouse tools (e.g., Snowflake).
- You can summarize large amounts of data in a clear and concise manner by means of a multitude of ways: digitally, orally and in writing.
- Data Driven Mindset – You use data to help drive decisions in areas like design and prioritization.
- Decisiveness, you can lead and manage projects with minimal oversight and make independent decisions, but know when to reach out if guidance or additional feedback is needed.
- Strong Communication and Collaboration, you have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You also know how to drive consensus among stakeholders, manage expectations, and keep strong relationships.
- Be proactive and independent, you can work effectively as an individual contributor and possess strong analytical, problem-solving, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills. You can multitask and deliver under tight deadlines, and are resourceful and work diligently to see ideas through to implementation.
- Supportive collaboration, you discuss the goals and vision of products with other product owners and/or stakeholders, and actively gain knowledge on the matter to position them for success by being a source of analytical support.
Perks and Benefits
As Product Owner @Ubiminds, you:
- Be placed in a product-based company, with the same treatment as their full-time employees.
- Have our full back-office support, from career guidance to HR and concierge services.
- Enjoy our remote-first policy – we are a distributed team, after all.
- Get your own MacBook (none of that "bring your own device" stuff here).
- Have access to growth opportunities with other amazing technology professionals, through tech talks, chapter meetings, and even remote happy hours for tons of fun!
- Improve your English through free lessons with a native English speaker - get to the next level on your communication skills!
- Candidate Referral bonus (promote Ubi to your tech friends, and get paid for it!)
- Miss working in the office? Our cool Florianópolis headquarters is available, whenever you want, with weekly quick massages & tasty snacks, soft drinks, and games
How our process works
- 1. Interview with Tech Recruiter (chat about the job opening and your experiences)
- 2. Client process (this may vary)
- 3. Offer (yay)