Info on the DevOps Engineer role
Want to get to the next step in your international career? We can support you!
Ubiminds is a GPTW certified, people first company that partners with American software product companies to scale their development footprint. Ubi custom-curates Brazilian top 5% talent for their LATAM strategy, offering a unique combo of staff augmentation and employer-of-record services.
Ubiminds is assisting FranklinCovey, one of the world's largest leadership companies with 1k employees, 1.5k clients, and 2M+ learners. They help organizations achieve greatness on the four people-related challenges that matter most: leadership, individual effectiveness, culture, and business processes. Their unique approach combines content, technology, and people to generate collective behavior change at scale.
The DevOps/Systems Engineer is responsible for the deployment, automation, monitoring, and management of FranklinCovey's web-based assets. This highly collaborative position will work closely with their development and security teams to build and improve current tools and services that support deploying, monitoring, and managing FranklinCovey sites, systems, and applications.
The DevOps/Systems Engineer will identify automation opportunities and utilize this information to design and develop automation solutions that improve operations and efficiencies. The role will advocate for and promote both knowledge sharing and the DevOps culture across the Information Technology Department.
In order to succeed in this position, you will need
- Previous experience managing AWS (CloudFormation, EC2, S3, ELB, ASG, RDS, etc).
- Working understanding of web application and scripting languages (Python or Ruby preferred).
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and practices.
- Strong background in Linux administration.
- Experience working with code repositories and continuous integration tools (GitHub, GitHub Actions and Amazon CodePipeline preferred).
- Experience designing and maintaining reliable, high-availability production systems and services.
- Experience automating deployment of Linux applications, system configurations and security settings (Spacewalk, Salt, Puppet, Chef, etc).
Perks and Benefits
As a DevOps Engineer at Ubiminds, you:
- Be placed in a product-based company, with the same treatment as their full-time employees.
- Have our full back-office support, from career guidance to HR and concierge services.
- Enjoy our remote-first policy – we are a distributed team, after all.
- Get your own MacBook (none of that "bring your own device" stuff here).
- Have access to growth opportunities with other amazing technology professionals, through tech talks, chapter meetings, and even remote happy hours for tons of fun!
- Improve your English through free lessons with a native English speaker - get to the next level on your communication skills!
- Candidate referral bonus (promote Ubi to your tech friends, and get paid for it!)
- Miss working in the office? Our cool Florianópolis headquarters is available, whenever you want, with weekly quick massages & tasty snacks, soft drinks, and games.
How our process works
- 1. Interview with Tech Recruiter (chat about the job opening and your experiences)
- 2. Client process (this may vary)
- 3. Offer (yay)